What is the purpose of this role?
Reporting to an Associate and/or Director, your role is to deliver informed and tailored cost management services to a variety of Data Centre/Commercial/ Hotel and leisure and Residential clients across a number of high-profile projects.
- Prepare cost plans, feasibility studies, and pre-tender estimates.
- Provide advice on procurement and forms of contracts.
- Manage the procurement of the works including preparing and issuing tender documents, managing tender queries, chairing post-tender interviews and issuing final tender recommendations.
- Represent Concert by attending client, site and design team meetings throughout the life of each project and actively contribute at these meetings.
- Prepare robust contract documentation, including Letters of Intent, for execution by our clients and their main contractors.
- Actively carry out the post contract quantity surveying activities on schemes, including:
- Preparing cost reports and reviewing them with the client and the project manager prior to submission.
- Agreeing monthly valuations with the main contractors.
- Advising on the contractual obligations of the parties under the contract where appropriate.
- Valuing scheme variations including the assessment of loss and expense
- Agreeing scheme final accounts.
- Analysing scheme construction costs for the client’s taxation purposes.
- Manage relationships with various people, including clients, project architects, services engineers, project managers, suppliers, contractors, as well as the internal teams.
- Actively support business objectives and deliver value for money in all circumstances.
- Act as a mentor to support and provide guidance to more junior members of staff within the team.
- Applies knowledge and experience intelligently to produce high quality work, practical and commercial solutions which meet client objectives.
- Communicates clearly and concisely to clients on a range of complex issues and has the ability to produce high quality reports.
- Manages multiple projects at any given time and delivers work steadily and within stated deadlines.
- Contributes own views and ideas in a respectful manner and is receptive to those of others.
- Identifies opportunities to add value and deepen the client relationship.
- Ability to talk knowledgably and confidently about the business capabilities and what differentiates Concert from competitors.
- Channels own and others’ energy toward achieving business and practice group strategy.
Experience and qualifications
- MRICS or FRICS qualified.
- Both pre- and post-contract skills and experience, with a focus on cost planning.
- Experience on a wide range of project types and sectors. Preferably with experience in Data Centre, Commercial, Residential, Hotel and leisure.
- Experience of managing/working on multiple projects at any given time.
How will you know if you are succeeding?
- Projects and tasks will be delivered in a timely manner and to Concert’s high standards.
- Expectations are managed through effective communication with others.
- Excellent relationships built with all Clients, Partners and employees.
- Positive attitude and projection of an appropriate Concert image.
- Respected by others within the company.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Base Salary.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Private medical cover.
- Pension scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com.