Concert has performed the role of Cost Manager on the refurbishment of Building 9A and Bengal Wing office space for asset management company Nuveen’s Devonshire Square campus.
Located in a prime position in the City of London, close to Liverpool Street Station and the vibrant areas of Shoreditch and Spitalfields, the historic Grade II listed campus spans five acres comprising 59,233 sq m across 13 buildings and benefits from an abundance of original features, installations by local artists, retail space and contemporary landscaped courtyards.
The project reached practical completion in early 2021 and involved the Shell and Core and Cat A refurbishment of circa 14,000 square feet of existing office space to Building 9A and the Bengal Wing, that were previously part of a warehouse for the East India Trading Company.
Careful consideration to exposed Grade II listed features was necessary, including exposed structural steel columns, brickwork, roof trusses, windows and cornices, to showcase the buildings heritage.
- Project Manager – Cogent BC
- Architect – Darling Associates
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineer – Watkins Payne
- Principal Designer – Shore Engineering
- Contractor – Scott Osborn Ltd
- Mechanical & Electrical Installation – Gratte Brothers Ltd
- Construction Works – Sweet Construct Ltd