Concert were instrumental in delivering two major new build projects, in Oxford Westgate Shopping Centre and Westfield, White City. Both these projects boast new concepts and offerings, providing their customers with a new retail experience. Concert provided robust cost management from start to finish. We identified key value engineering solutions, enabling these projects to be delivered within budget without compromising the brand.
M&S SPACE ADJUSTMENT PROGRAMME
This programme involves a review of the in-store space allocation with focus on growing, protecting and reducing the product strategy to drive overall sales and increase the profit per sq ft. Concert has collaborated with M&S to develop the scope within budget, and procure the framework to deliver this programme of work to measurable performance KPI’s.
Bh2, BOURNEMOUTH LEISURE COMPLEX
Concert added value through robust and timely cost management services on this retail development in the heart of Bournemouth. A strong food & beverage (F&B) offer is key to driving footfall with brand such as Las Iguana’s, Nandos, Five Guys and many more.
FACTS & FIGURES
- 500,000 sq ft of space delivered
- £100m cost managed
- 100% repeat business
- Increased focus on in-store experiences for the customer, for example, dwell spaces
- Optimisation of existing retail space, subletting or creating new concessions
- Decline of retail investment in large new build sales areas over 100,000 sq ft
- Increased focus on F&B and leisure concessions in retail spaces
- Optimisation of online and physical offers
- Online ordering creating greater pressure on logistics
2018 | WHAT NEXT?
- Greater investment in technology to enhance the retail experience – ‘smart shopping’
- How are Hammerson & Unibail-Rodamco going to enhance the shopping experience, now they own the majority of UK shopping centres?
- Clothing and footwear retailers focus on supermalls to create largescale, experience-led stores
- New anchor retailers will replace traditional – Debenhams, Next & M&S
- Foodie millennials will drive F&B growth within retail sector